There are more and more people who spend a good portion of their day browsing through social media. Whether they actively market themselves or their businesses or just keeping in touch with others, social media has drastically changed the way our economy can market and advertise every product and service known to man, simply because it is the most cost-effective way to spread word-of-mouth advertising (which is the best advertisement attached to a testimonial).
As the chart shows, people on Facebook spend 48% of the time on their Homepage/Newsfeed and Profiles. So if you can capture the readers attention with a few catchy lines, a few “wow factors”, or something that everyone could benefit from financially, you could drastically reverse how much of a “time-waster” social media is for most people and turn it into “residual-income stream”.
These enticing distractions rob us of time that should be spent doing productive work like washing your car, cleaning the house or doing your taxes… So if you are going to be on Facebook all day, Why Not Get Paid For It?!?
20 Social Media Statistics
These startling figures reveal the huge black hole where our time disappears into when we wastefully visit Facebook, Twitter or YouTube or other social media sites without having a means to be productive:
- One in every nine people on Earth is on Facebook ( This number is calculated by dividing the planets 6.94 billion people by Facebook’s 750 million users)
- People spend 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
- Each Facebook user spends on average 15 hours and 33 minutes a month on the site
- More than 250 million people access Facebook through their mobile devices
- More than 2.5 million websites have integrated with Facebook
- 30 billion pieces of content is shared on Facebook each month
- 300,000 users helped translate Facebook into 70 languages
- People on Facebook install 20 million “Apps” every day
- YouTube has 490 million unique users who visit every month (as of February 2011)
- YouTube generates 92 billion page views per month (These YouTube stats don’t include videos viewed on phones and embedded in websites)
- Users on YouTube spend a total of 2.9 billion hours per month (326,294 years)
- Wikipedia hosts 17 million articles
- Wikipedia authors total over 91,000 contributors
- People upload 3,000 images to Flickr (the photo sharing social media site) every minute
- Flickr hosts over 5 billion images
- 190 million average Tweets per day occur on Twitter (May 2011)
- Twitter is handling 1.6 billion queries per day
- Twitter is adding nearly 500,000 users a day
- Google+ has more than 25 million users
- Google+ was the fastest social network to reach 10 million users at 16 days (Twitter took 780 days and Facebook 852 days)
How Do You Make Money On Facebook Or Any Social Media?
Think about how Facebook or any social media uses their free social platform to sell advertising space to companies. They pay a fee for having their banner or picture displayed, or through public landing pages to specialize their marketing efforts to those who are interested in that type of industry or niche product. As Facebook users, we freely volunteer our personal likes, dislikes, habits, hobbies, educational level, and financial status information with the information we freely disclose to our profiles/pages.
If you were to think and operate as Facebook does, and utilize the free social media platform to market products/services that are specific to you, with the ability to market to an unlimited number of users viewing your information online, researching your products, and purchasing your products, you could potentially create a massive residual-income stream.
My Thoughts and Recommendation
First, find a business or opportunity that appeals to everyone, or that is of huge significance to you and those around you. Do something that you are passionate about, that gets you excited! There are a lot of difference avenues to choose from, so make sure you do your research. Secondly, I would find a business that has the delivery system and infrastructure built in already, and that has marketing materials in place (unless you are a marketing guru). I highly recommend the company, WakeUpNow, who is a software solution platform business that has integrated social media advertising into their “game-changing” business strategy. (When I say “game-changing”, a person can MONETIZE THEIR LIFESTYLE!) If you don’t understand that, I highly suggest contacting myself and my team. We are Part of a Movement for Money Consciousness. We are EverySecondCountsCrew.com